Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kalispell!

It was in July that we went on a trip to Kallispell, Montana. We stayed at a cabin for a couple days. The cabin was situated in the middle of a gorgeous forest, and since I had my Christmas present (a camera) with me, I had LOTS of fun taking the following pics.


This is the cabin. This picture was taken from a hill next to the cabin. The gray rocks in the distance led to the stream. Hidden from view, and to the right, is the road where our suburban was parked.


And here is the hill, which will become steadily famous throughout this post.


Here is Mister C. And that is also the hill.


I met Mom on top of the Hill the first morning that we were there. There was dew everywhere. By the time Mom and I got back to the cabin, our socks, shoes, and pants were soaked. This is a picture of a...ponderosa? I'm guessing that's what kind of tree it was.


This is a random pretty purple flower.


This is another random pretty purple flower.


And this is the third random pretty purple flower.

 And this is the gorgeous, ice-cold stream that ran behind the cabin. Ice-cold as it was, if you played in it long enough, you got used to it.


This is an old, forgotten cabin that we found when we followed the road for a minute or two... 


Let me introduce you to our friend the toad. Dad caught it and stuck it in a big blue tub that we had brought along. The first thing that he said when he walked into the cabin with our little visitor was; "Josh, we're NOT keeping it, so don't ask."

Of course, there are many more things that I took pictures of, but these are some of the few that pics were actually FOCUSED. Sometimes my camera can be frustrating....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Pictures! I love all your random purple flowers. It made me feel warm and cozy on this cold winter day! :)

Jade said...

Awesome pics! Looks like you guys had a fun trip! Cabin and a whole lot of beautiful all to yourselves!:)